Once known as the World’s Forge – and home to the Ford Motor Company, which so transformed America and the world in the 20th century – Detroit is once again host to a technology that is altering the very fabric of society; named 'Android capital of the world' in game.
The android industry has brought much wealth, as the glistening towers and the thriving, technologically advanced city design attests to. But the shiny exterior of the city’s prosperity rises over divided streets: androids have created a heavy and wide space between the human social classes, leaving many without a profession or a purpose. In particular, several occupations were largely or completely dominated by androids, including taxi drivers and amusement park staffs. This causes bankruptcy of citizens and demonstrations against androids.
The circulation of Thirium caused by massive production of androids has also caused the illegal use of a drug called Red Ice, it's main ingredient being Thirium 101, often of very low purity to be sold throughout Detroit earning its notorious reputation of Red Ice trading center. The growing underclass has majorly succumbed to usage and dealing of such drug, as Detroit Today stated, its application may be caused by dissatisfaction caused by androids taking human jobs. The Detroit City Police Department has previously established Red Ice Task Force to crack down on the distribution of the drug.
- In November 2038, the Governor of Detroit is a(n unnamed?) woman.
- Unemployment rate: 37.3%
- An exceedingly low birth rate
- The epicenter of the distribution of Red Ice, causing nation-wide epidemical drug abuse
- Androids dominate the service class industry
- Woodward Ave, runs NNW out of Downtown
- Woodward Mall Center
- The Spirit of Detroit (City monument)
- Hart Plaza
- Capitol Park
- Grand Circus Park
- Henry Ford Commemorative Park
- Eden Club
- Phillips apartment
- DPD Central Station
West/South of Downtown:
- West Side Industrial
- Ambassador Bridge
- Riverside Park
- Banks of Detroit River, Delray (opposite Banks of Detroit River, Canada)
- Gordie Howe International Bridge
East of Downtown:
- Camden / Ravendale district
- Carl Manfred's house
- CyberLife Tower, Belle Isle, Detroit River
- Kamski's house
- Urban Farms of Detroit
- Abandoned apartment near Urban Farms of Detroit
- Nabura Motors automotive building
Other & Unknown:
- CyberLife Warehouse and Docks West Torrance Avenue, Detroit
- Stratford Tower
- Chicken Feed
- Jimmy's Bar
- Android Zone
- Hank Anderson's home
- Detroit doesn't have a governor, it has a mayor. This was likely a developer oversight.
- The Spirit of Detroit a city monument created by Marshall Fredericks is visually seen in the background of the game and various parts of the story.